My venture into the world of beer began in Newtown, PA at an establishment called Isaac Newton’s back in 2007. There, at the urging of my cousin, I drank a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I haven’t looked back since. After running a craft beer blog and podcast for a number of years I found myself finally working in the industry.
After starting out as a Saturday afternoon taproom bartender for Due South Brewing Co. I was hired full time in July 2012. At that point I took on many roles and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Submissions for Certificates of Label Approval (COLA) with TTB
- Inventory/Ordering Raw Ingredients
- Executing Hop Contracts
- Production Reporting
- Receiving and Processing Purchase Orders from Distributors
- Maintaining State and Federal Inventory
- Event Planning/Coordination
- Creating Brewery Centric Events at Accounts and in Brewery Taproom
- Working Events Such as Beer Fests, Tap Takeovers, Beer Dinners, etc.
- Working and Managing Staff for in Brewery Events
- Serving Beer